I had a spare half-working mechanical keyboard with a broken case sitting around, so I decided to put it to good use in a project:
And this is what's under the hood:
Unfortunately, I ended up leaving out the PS2 controller port. All the other ports/switches could be panel-mount easily, but my CAD skills are not up to dealing with the more organic shape to mount it properly and I don't trust hot glue at all for something like that. The SD card cut-out is also much too small for my fingers to contact the card right now, so that will need to be widened. I learned some harsh lessons about the importance of accounting for tolerances, but it was nothing that couldn't be fixed with a file and a lot of patience.